Here’s just a list of movies I’ve watched over the past week:
1. Inglourious basterds – Tarantino is a crazy director. Damn gory movie which was enough to make me cringe.
2. Moon – from the director of Source Code. About a man who discovers a clone of himself on the moon. I preferred Source Code a lot more though (and really loved it)
3. Pulp Fiction – Again, Tarantino is a crazy director. I liked it a lot more than Inglorious. It’s a work of art – and it’s funny seeing all these big actors in their younger days. The film is filled with big-name actors, The Lie To Me guy is in it (and he counts as a small fry). The number of epic moments with memorable quotes is insane.
“I want you to go in that bag and find my wallet”
“Which one is it?”
“It’s the one that says Bad Motherfucker.”
4. Dark Knit Roses – I mean, it’s Batman. “Dark Knit Roses” sounds like some dark romance movie with backstabbing and stuff.
5. Scott Pilgrim – Nonsense graphics about a guy having to fight seven evil ex-es. I really prefer the comic book instead.
6. In Bruges – Vulgar Brit Film with Colin Farrell being more Irish than ever. Two years ago, someone asked me to watch this. I procrastinated and procrastinated. About a hitman who killed a boy and is on a holiday in bruges. I actually quite liked this film compared to the rest, and I especially liked the angsty cynical Colin Farrell character.
“Because at least in prison and at least in death, you know, I wouldn’t be in fuckin’ Bruges. But then, like a flash, it came to me. And I realized, fuck man, maybe that’s what hell is: the entire rest of eternity spent in fuckin’ Bruges.”
(Read the above in Irish accent.) He really hates Bruges.
7. Catch me if you can – Di Crapio film, when he was younger.
8. Se7en – Brad Pitt film with a psycho killer that commits murders modeled after the seven vices. Anti-climatic.
Apparently, I watched two movies on one of the days…
Initially this was because I thought I ought to maximise my large com screen before leaving it behind. But what the heck, increasingly I think that I’m quite indifferent to screen size.
Go count the amount of time I spent on this: 2h+ per movie. The time is probably better spent going through my books – since I plan to bring only three books with me (for now at least). I still have no idea which three to bring with me.